How to increase estrogen naturally entirely depends on how you respond to the change. Hormones are important in the body as it serves as senders of chemical messages in all the other parts of the body and this greatly affects a person’s psychological, emotional and physical changes. You might notice that there are changes in your behavior and certain activities make you react differently. Hormones have a lot to do with it. Imagine a domino effect, one imbalance could lead to a myriad of health issues and we are sure that you do not want that to happen. As women age, the menopausal stage is looming and there could be chances that progesterone, estrogen, and testosterone levels decline that’s why it’s important to be on the watch for signs of low estrogen levels in your body.
Estrogen deficiency is not a joking matter since enough levels of estrogen are your key and strongest ally when it comes to the health of your hormones. Too much or too little estrogen can be observed as there could be symptoms of anxiety, insomnia, irritation, anger, and joint pains. This could also be a path for diseases like premenstrual symptoms and ovarian cysts. If you want to know how to increase your estrogen naturally and to live optimum health quality, read on and explore more about it.
Estrogen: What it is and all you need to know
Estrogen is a hormone that greatly contributes to the functions of the heart, essential body processes, bone health, and cognitive health. It’s most commonly known as a hormone that works side by side with progesterone which is needed for female reproductive and sexual health. But not everyone knows that estrogen is produced by both men and women but females produce more of it. It is usually produced in the ovaries, fat tissues, and adrenal glands.
Note that estrogen levels could vary and factors to be considered are age, pregnancy, health issues, menopause, puberty, exercise routine or training, ovarian deficiency, tumors, and many other factors. Estrogen levels fluctuate during certain times like the menstrual cycle and throughout a woman’s lifetime. Because of these fluctuations, mood changes are then observed. That’s why you see your mom getting so irritable or your sister on her period being so emotional or even men being less interested in sex- hormones are one of the major factors to blame in all of these.
We have mentioned above that there should just be about the right estrogen in the body- not too little and not too much. An imbalance of this hormone could lead to late or irregular menstruation, night sweats or hot flushes for menopausing women, sleeping problems and mood changes, low libido, lumps in the uterus and the breast, dry skin, fatigue, anxiety and depression, and many other health issues. Hereditary conditions could also lead to higher or lower levels of estrogen and could lead to serious problems such as infertility and erectile dysfunction. The question then is this, how to increase estrogen naturally?
For all issues related to health and hormones, you can always visit your doctor for proper guidance and medication. If a person suffers from low levels of estrogen, there could be medications or supplements that could be prescribed such as bioidentical estrogen, Premarin, and synthetic estrogen. Doctors could also advise food that you can include in your diet which could help increase estrogen naturally.
How to Increase Estrogen Naturally: A Food list
Lifestyle habits are very important if you would like to increase estrogen in your body. Supplements and therapies could not aid it alone if you do not allow your body to eat and live healthily. Below are some of the estrogen rich foods that you can incorporate into your diet.
- Seeds (Sesame and Flax Seeds): Seeds are in the top position with regards to foods that contain phytoestrogen. Apart from containing estrogens, seeds are also very rich in omega 3-fatty acids and dietary fiber. These nutrients could help lower cholesterol and bad fat levels in the body. Include it in your diet but sprinkling it in your breakfast cereals, yogurt, or oatmeal. You can add it to your baking, too.
- Soy Products (Tofu, Soy Yogurt, Soy Beans, Soy Milk): Soy contains isoflavones that bring out the estrogen metabolism in the body and edamame which are soy pods that also affect the production of estrogen. Choose soy products when you eat or drink your yogurt or milk.
- Vegetables (Green Beans, Alfalfa Sprouts, Mung Beans: Sprouts are very low in calories and carbohydrates while also paving the way for estrogen production. Add it to your soup, sandwiches, or salads, and add that boost in nutrition in your body.
- Fruits (Strawberries and Peaches): Peaches and strawberries are not only delicious, but it’s also very healthy and rich in phytoestrogens. It also helps reduce cancer, stroke, and heart diseases. Eat it raw or mix it in your desserts or peach cobblers.
- Nuts (Peanuts, Pistachios, and Walnuts): Nuts are enjoyed as a snack or a mix for baking goodies. but did you know that it is also an estrogen rich snack? It also has sufficient omega-3- acids, essential nutrients as well as protein.
- Red Wine: Red wine contains resveratrol which could increase the level of estrogen in the body while also reducing the risk of heart diseases. Although it’s also vital to note that wine should be taken in moderation.
Do You Get Enough Estrogen in the Body?
It’s tricky to know if you are getting the estrogen you need just by checking the signs and symptoms that’s why it’s advisable to seek professional help. Here are some ways though how to estrogen naturally in your day-to-day activities.
- Look out for the symptoms like constant mood swings, bone density, irregular periods, irritability, etc. then start from there.
- Consume estrogen rich foods. Start from the list above and ask your doctor for other helpful options.
- Exercise. Never miss a walk or a workout for at least 30 minutes each day. You’d be amazed at the wonders it could do.
- Quit smoking or too much alcohol as it could lead to dysfunction and infertility.
- Better quality of sleep and do it for at least 7- 8 hours. It could not only normalize hormones but could lead to a better mood.
- Reduce your sugar as this could create an imbalance in estrogen and testosterone levels. Replace it with whole grains and white flour foods instead.
How to increase estrogen naturally? We really cannot avoid hormone decline as it comes with age and the changes in our bodies. But what we can do is to prevent its drastic changes by living a healthy lifestyle and seeking professional help if needed. The best way to cure is to be aware.