What are the best menopause supplements for weight loss? Menopause usually starts around 50 years old although the usual age range is from 45 to 55. During this age range, women often experience health changes that can trigger weight gain. There are different methods you can take to shed pounds including low-carb diets and exercise programs. However, weight loss supplements can help through methods like boosting metabolism and appetite control. You can also find various products on the market that can with these goals. Fun Fact: The average weight for a woman in her 50s is 158 pounds (72 kg). The key is to be within the range for your age, height, and build.
There are various factors related to weight gain during menopause. They include less estrogen, slower metabolism, and loss of muscle mass. These are some of the natural factors that can cause you to gain weight automatically. However, there are factors like lack of exercise, which can be fixed with lifestyle changes. It can be tougher for older people to lose weight. However, it’s still possible with the right methods and dedication. The process of weight loss will be tougher during middle-age/senior years but it’s still possible. Diet pills and other menopause supplements can help.
What Causes Weight Gain among Menopause Women?
In a sense, weight gain is always caused by the same thing. If we consume more calories than our bodies burn then it’s stored as far. The thing is there are many factors involved. They include age, metabolism, physical activity, health conditions, and even stress.
Menopause is defined as the condition of not having a menstrual cycle for 12 months in a row. This usually happens sometime between the ages of 45 and 55.
Weight gain is quite common among the age group of 50 to 59. Studies show that nearly one-third of women in this age group are obese. Some extra factors could be involved including menopause. However, the way to shed pounds and burn fat are basically the same.
There are various reasons including possible health issues like high blood pressure, type-2 diabetes, and heart disease. Extra belly fat increases your risk of such health conditions even more.
Various menopause-related factors can cause weight gain during this life stage:
It’s not headline news that physical exercise is required to maintain a healthy weight. However, studies show that 60% of adults aren’t physically active enough. The problem also increases with age, so by middle-age, it’s quite common for men and women to do less cardio and weight-resistance exercise.
Some animal studies show that lower estrogen levels cause animals to eat more and decrease physical activity. It’s also possible that low estrogen levels might also lower metabolism rates, which can also cause weight gain.
Besides having less of it, older people also use less during exercise than during younger years. This can make it tougher to lose weight. This is true regardless of how physically active you were in the past. You can counter this situation by working out with tougher and longer workouts.
People lose muscle mass faster as they age. This, in turn, lowers the “resting” metabolism. That can cause faster weight gain. You can counter this process by consuming enough protein and doing strength training. These steps can help to build muscle faster than you lose it.
Best Menopause Supplements for Weight Loss
1. Menopause Support by DrFormulas
This menopause supplement features Black Cohosh extract. It contains various helpful ingredients including vitamins and dietary supplements like dong Quai.
This supplement is designed to deal with various menopause-related symptoms. They include hot flashes, night sweats, low-energy, mood swings, etc. that are related to pre-menopause and menopause. These are natural ingredients so they won’t cause unwanted side-effects of prescription drugs.
This is critical because it can be tough to deal with side-effects when you’re trying to deal with life stages like menopause. This product includes 12 herbal ingredients like red clover that are added to support hormone levels.
The product also includes a 30-day supply of 60 capsules. This provides better value than other products on the market.
2. DHEA Extract by HS PRIME
This product is designed for women 50+ years old. So it’s ideal for pre-menopausal/menopausal women since the average age of menopause is 50 years old. This product includes two bottles (120 capsules)
Various studies show that DHA supplements can help people dealing with obesity and other health conditions. It also might help with other issues like kidneys, skin, and other women’s health issues.
The DHEA supplement can also improve heart health. This is an important issue for middle-aged/senior women since it’s one of the common health conditions among older women.
This DHEA supplement can also provide anti-aging support. Studies show that DHA might help aging people fight the signs of growing older.
3. Belly Pause by Elevate Recovery Supplements
This product is designed to help menopausal women lose weight. The product includes various fat-burning ingredients including caffeine, green coffee bean, raspberry ketone, and green tea extract. Studies show that these ingredients might help with weight loss.
Belly Pause should be combined with regular exercise to get the best weight loss results. The natural supplement can help to avoid side-effects of synthetic ingredients.
Weight Loss Tips for Older Women
- Homecooked meals: There are several benefits to eating home-cooked meals. One of the main ones is that you’ll be eating less-processed meals versus fast food, for example. The time and effort used to prepare meals at home are arguably worth it if it means you can get more nutrients like vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Protein intake: Protein is an important macro-nutrient for various body functions. Besides building/maintaining muscles it can also help with hair/skin health, for example. It’s important to consume a moderate amount of protein and each meal should be built around it. Make sure to include animal and plant-based protein for more nutrients.
- Fruits/Veggies: The USDA’s MyPlate dietary recommendations put fruits/veggies at 50% of total calories. These foods not only are super-healthy but also tend to be low in calories/carbs. When picking fruits you have lots of options like citrus, apples, bananas, avocado, and berries. Vegetable options include spinach, kale, carrots, sweet potatoes, and cabbage. Make sure to eat a wide variety of each to boost nutrients.
- Physical activity: Besides doing “exercise” it’s also important to keep moving during the day. The key is to keep moving and doing natural movements. Some basic options include taking the stairs and doing basics like stretching and light exercises. You can even use a fitness tracker to monitor steps, heart rate, etc.
- Strength training: People often have the wrong idea that doing lots of low-intensity cardio will help to lose lots of weight. That’s simply not true. Studies show that the best combination is cardio and strength training. This includes high-intensity interval training (HIIT), which can help you shed pounds faster.
Muscle mass decreases by up to 2% per year after 50+ years old. Muscle strength also drops up to 5% per year so it’s important to build lean muscle mass to counter these changes along with the best menopause supplements for weight loss.